As you may be aware, the new playground equipment in The Meadow has been vandalised on several occasions over the last few weeks.
Although the damage is relatively minor, its disappointing to see the brand new play equipment having graffiti across it. We’ve reported the damage to the police and are planning to install a CCTV system to cover the area.
This page provides details of the steps we have already taken, details of how we are updating our procedures and policies to cover a future CCTV system, plus preparing a grant application to help with the costs.
Steps already taken
We have taken the following steps:
- Selected a specialist contractor to supply and install the equipment.
- Hired security personnel to patrol the area during key construction phases.
- Parish Councillors regularly visit and monitor the site.
- Informal discussions with young people using play equipment.
- Informal discussion with local police.
- Informal discussions with teachers/head from local school.
- Informal discussions with the Village Hall Management Committee.
- Raised awareness within the community via Facebook, conversations and Teynham News.
- Visit to local school.
- Formal crime reporting
- Police patrols.
- A brief technical test to evaluate potential CCTV equipment.
We are currently preparing the technical specification and a grant application to cover the cost of the CCTV system. In addition, the local Lynsted & Teynham WI group have generously offered some funding towards the system.
Preparing our CCTV Policy
- The CCTV Policy will be in place before the CCTV system is operational.
- We have already taken advice from KALC (Kent Association of Local Councils) and following the guidance on the Information Commissioner's Office website.
- Our CCTV policy will explain the reasons why we are using CCTV, outline key responsibilities, and record security measures put in place to keep the footage secure.
- Our contact details
- The type of personal information we collect
- How we get the personal information and why we have it
- How we store your personal information
- Your data protection rights
- How to complain
Information Commissioner's Office registration
- Teynham Parish Council is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office.
- Registration number: ZA289178
- Data controller: Teynham Parish Council
- Contact: email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us via The Parish Clerk. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
- ICO Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- ICO Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
- ICO website: ico.org.uk