A CCTV camera monitors The Meadow, Belle Friday Close, Teynham, ME9 9TU for the purpose of crime reduction. 24hr operation.
- The camera equipment is owned by Teynham Parish Council
- The CCTV system and signage are managed by SBC’s CCTV team.
- Images are monitored/recorded 24 hrs a day by SBC’s CCTV team.
- TPC does not have access to the camera controls
- TPC does not have access to the recorded images/data.
- Images are securely stored and managed by Swale BC’s CCTV team.
- Access to data (images) is restricted to the CCTV team.
- Data (images) stored for 28 days.
- Live/Recorded images may be shared with crime prevention organisations including Kent Police and internal SBC teams.
- Images may, as a last resort, be used to prosecute individuals /groups and may be used in a court of law.
- Routine lens cleaning to be carried out every 6 months by SBC contractors.
- Privacy: The CCTV camera has been placed to avoid looking at private properties.