Highway Improvement Plan
Creating a plan
The Highways Team at Kent County Council consult with Parish Councils to create a plan for highway improvements in each parish. This is known as a Highway Improvement Plan, or HIP for short.
The main stages to create the Highways Improvement Plan are:
- Identify issues & opportunities.
- Research (including site visits and speed surveys).
- Review & recommendations (undertaken by KCC).
- Budgets and funding
KCC Highways team receive may hundreds of requests each year. They aim to deliver one or two projects for each parish each year. Some items are quick wins, while other items take substantial planning and resources, so naturally take longer.
Area covered by this plan
Our Highway Improvement Plan will cover the Parish of Teynham, including Conyer, Deerton Street and Teynham.
Identifying issues & opportunities
Through informal feedback, comments on social media and local knowledge, Teynham Parish Council are aware of a number issues and opportunities on the local highways. We would welcome your feedback. The details are shown on this page.
Submit initial plan
Based on the highway issues and opportunities, plus feedback from the wider community, we will create and submit our initial Highways Improvement Plan to KCC Highways team. This is a 'living document' and can be updated at anytime.
- Site visit and speed surveys. KCC Highway team are planning to visit our area on 12th August. In addition KCC Highway team have offered to conduct up to three speed survey. The speed surveys are scheduled for 12th September.
- Crash data We review information from previous accidents. (We note that not all accidents have been recorded on this map).
- Air Quality We are researching issues around air quality management area (AQMA 5) on London Road in Teynham.
We will keep you updated with our progress, with updates on this page, plus we are planning to hold a community meeting in the autumn. We would also welcome your feedback.
We are planning to hold an informal community meeting in the autumn to share the results from the site visits and speed surveys, gather feedback and discuss priorities.
Highway Improvement Plans require input, advice and knowledge from many sources. This includes the local community, Teynham Parish Council, neighbouring Parish Councils (Tonge PC & LWKPC), SBC Councillors (Mike Whiting & Lloyd Bowen), KCC (Rich Lehmann) and KCC Highways Team. We extend our thanks to everyone who has contributed to this project.